In the most privileged and ravaging culture on Earth, there exists a tremendous need for us to awaken to soul and become fully conscious, embodied humans. More than at perhaps any other moment in humanity’s history, now is the time for creative, soul-centered role models, artists, story carriers, visionaries, healers, leaders and elders to step forward. And as gay, bisexual and transgender men, we have a uniquely healing role to play. To that end, River offers soul-rooted coaching to help others to begin emerging into their radical authenticity and discovering their unique gifts to bring to the planet in this transforming time.
While these sessions are most powerful and a deeper energetic connection exists when face to face, River now makes his coaching available via Skype or phone sessions.
Drawing on more than two decades of experience as a body-centered therapist & counselor, a bodyworker, workshop and men’s group facilitator, River has developed an approach to wholeness and healing that he calls “soul embodiment” coaching. At its core, it focuses upon body and soul as resource and compass.
In very loose terms, one might consider this as a sort of “life coaching for soul,” guiding individuals further along the path of embodied, authentic living, with an eye towards evoking positive change in their communities. However, unlike most popular coaching, this work is not about helping you manifest material abundance in your life, nor attracting a new job or intimate relationship, replacing old limiting thoughts, or tapping into the spiritual power to change your life in a more pleasant fashion. This work is not about inspirational, action-based strategies to help you gain seeming control over your existence and destiny. Nor does it center on implementing a spiritual practice, other than one that arises organically from your own being.
Soul embodiment focuses upon:
- embodiment: living fully and mindfully in the physical vessel of the bodymindsoul, tapping into authentic power and passion
- awakening the ‘life force’ (mana, prana, chi) through breath, sensation, sound, authentic movement and creative expression
- discovering the creative union of the Sacred Masculine and the Divine Feminine (within all of us, regardless of gender or sexual orientation)
- examining where (and why) we have blocked our own healing process
- helping an individual to recognize Eros, to identify the forces of allurement and soulful longing in his life
- working with dreams, myth, archetypes, nature, and the creative process as avenues to soul and finding one’s unique gift
- navigating and interpreting challenging life situations through the lens of soul and personal development
- cultivating wholeness and healing through identifying one’s Shadow, the “sacred wound,” and the gift(s) it contains
- understanding nourishment, pleasure, power, sexuality and relationship from an embodied, soul-centered view
- courting Eros and the Inner Beloved as a pathway to soulful romance, connection, and transformation
- understanding the necessity of soulful initiation for both the individual and community … and Earth
- using the Elemental Way as a daily path to nourish the key quadrants of Self: body, mind, spirit and soul
- building relationship with the Four Spheres of Mystery: Cosmos, Gaia, Tribe and Self
Soul embodiment may be as much about dismantling the old, ego-based identity you have built as it is about uncovering and birthing the deeper, soul-based identity—one that is organic, fluid, and expansive. Honoring the body and breath as vital resource, “soul embodiment” work plunges you into the mystery of yourself (as a conscious expression of Gaia) that you might find your passion, power, and soul’s unique offering to the ‘other-than-human’ world.
The guide/coach’s task is not about helping you find happiness; rather it is about guiding you to descend into shadows and mysteries, into the bones and breath, to embrace soulful transformation and embodiment—a felt sense of connection, radical authenticity, and life force—which ultimately invites healing and wholeness. Purpose, too. This is the heart of initiation.
Your investment for a one-hour session is $120 USD. A commitment to three sessions or more is recommended, but not required. For more information or to book your personal time, please use the ‘Contact’ page.